Kylie Cosmetics 💄

Hey guys, so today i want to talk about Kylie Jenner's range of liquid lipsticks. When the lip kits first came out i loved the packaging and the first few shades that were released did look amazing, however i decided not to purchase any of the lip kits because i couldn't justify paying so much for shipping and then also paying a customs fee as well. 

I loved the look of the lip kits, they looked like such lovely shades and the packaging looked really cool as well. But i couldn't bring myself to order 2 lip kits or 3 and then end up paying the price for postage and then receiving a customs fee as well because although the lip kits do retail at such a reasonable price, it doesn't work out reasonable if you live anywhere outside of the US. 

Months went by and i still was telling myself, no do not buy the lip kits... and then it was November time i got sent an email which basically said free shipping to any country, so then i thought well if i don't have to pay any shipping that justifies the customs fee, right? So i had a look on the website, and i picked out five off the individual liquid lipsticks. 

The colours i chose were; Dolce K, Koko K, Candy K, True Brown K and Maliboo. So my boyfriend very kindly bought me those as a Christmas present, so i ordered them and then about 2-3 weeks later i had a little note posted through the door saying that i needed to pay a customs fee in order to receive my Kylie Cosmetics order, so i turned it over and on the back it said i had to say £23.50. I thought that was a lot for customs, considering i had friends who had bought from Kylie Cosmetics and they'd only had to pay about £16.

Anyways, once I'd paid the customs fee online the package was then delivered about 2-3days later. I was slightly annoyed about the customs fee being quite a considerable amount, but i was still so excited to have a play and a swatch of the liquid lipsticks. They came in a plain black box, i opened it and inside was the 5 liquid lipsticks and a little note from Kylie. 

I immediately opened the liquid lipsticks and swatched them, i loved them all to be honest but i kind of knew that one of the shades wouldn't really suit me or my complexion. The shade that I'm talking about is, True Brown K. I'm very fair, I've got very pale skin and really light blonde hair and this colour on me is very very dark. I do love the colour, however not really on myself. 

I must say since having these products my most used shades are Candy K & Mailboo. I do still love and wear Dolce K and Koko K, however for me personally i reach for Candy K and Maliboo more on a regular basis.

Before trying these liquid lipsticks i hadn't really tried any others, i love the pigmentation of the liquid lipstick, and i love how the applicator makes it so easy to go around the outlines of your lips before filing them in so in my opinion i don't really think a lip liner is necessary. I love that once you put one on, it literally stays on until you take it off, it doesn't smudge or move. I've worn them on nights out before and not even had to re-apply. 

I think as far a liquid lipstick goes, after now trying quite a few different brands, such as NYX, The Balm, Make up revolution. The Kylie Cosmetics ones for me are the best ones, they can be a little bit drying once you've had them on for a while, but that is the formulation off them and that's what helps them to stay on. I wouldn't say they are overly drying but after a while they can be a little dry, but they don't ever peel or go patchy.

Overall i do really rate the Kylie Cosmetics liquid lipsticks, however i wouldn't order from there again unless there was another free postage promotion or something along those lines, because although the products are good i don't want to spend more than the cost of the lipsticks on the postage & customs fee. I would say they are something that everyone should try because they are really lovely products and they smell amazing too! But if you do want to order from Kylie Cosmetics, id suggest saving and buying everything you want at once so you don't have to pay two lots of delivery & customs ♥

Comments