NYX - Stay Matte Not Flat Foundation Review💅🏼

Hey Girls & Guys,

Today I'm going to be giving my thoughts & opinions on the NYX Stay Matte Not Flat Foundation. So i picked this foundation up a couple of days ago in my local Boots (which is a drugstore here in the UK) it was only £6.00 which i thought was super good for a foundation, but it did make me wonder how good it would actually be.

So the packaging is basic but effective, it's in a squirty tube which i don't have a lot of foundation's like that, i tend to like a foundation with a pump. But I thought I'd try it out! They had quite a few shades, I'm very pale so i tested the lightest one Ivory and it was actually a really good match. So i picked that one, and decided for £6.00 why not try it, right?!

I don't usually tend to go for Matte Foundations, I wouldn't say i have dry skin, i have normal skin really. I definitely don't have oily skin or get oily through the day, but sometimes in the winter months i can get dry parts of skin, but because I'm always moisturised i no longer really struggle with dry skin. I've just never really thought "oooh ill get a matte foundation". I always wear dewy foundation's or satin finishes as i love to look super glowy and healthy and i find sometimes a matte foundation can make you look really flat.

So this foundation is something new for me;

1. Because I've never tried a NYX foundation before.

2. Because I've never really used a Matte Foundation before.

3. Because i can never really find good drug store foundation's which are the right shade for me.

I tried this foundation, I applied it how i apply all my foundation's, which is with a damp beauty blender. So i squeezed out the amount i thought I'd need and dotted it onto my face, then blended it out with my beauty blender. So things i noticed were;
  • It blends really easily! 
  • It's such a good colour match & i am very pale
  • It's not cakey
I was impressed, it was such a good shade, was breathable, didn't feel cakey or like it was clinging onto my skin. 

One thing i would say is if you like a SUPER full coverage foundation, this isn't it. This is a foundation that you can still see your natural skin through, but gives a bit of coverage. I don't mind that in a foundation for a day to day base, but for a night out or special occasion i wouldn't reach for this.

I put a little bit more onto my cheeks & forehead and then it was sort of medium coverage.

So if you want proper full coverage, this isn't the foundation for you.

But, if you want a cheap, everyday foundation to use, then i would actually recommend this! 

I set it in place with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and i went to work with it on, when i got home 9 and a half hours later it was all still on.

I did also spray some NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray onto my face once I'd finished my makeup, which i do every time i wear makeup and it sort of freshened it up and didn't make my face feel so powdery in the area's i had used the Stay Matte powder. 

So overall guys, if you want a cheap drugstore foundation, that gives medium coverage, which is easy to apply and blend... then this is the one for you!

I'm super impressed, especially with the shade as i really struggle to find proper pale foundation's in the drugstore.. but this is definitely one of my new favs. 

I love NYX as a brand, and the more things i try the more i fall in love with it all!!

Thanks for reading, 

Chlo 💅🏼
x



Comments