Update & My Favourite High End Contour Palettes

Hey honey's so it's been a while since i last posted a blog post, i had my Media Exam, my coursework deadline, and I'm finally in my new bedroom! So I've been super busy, I'm so relieved that my media exam is done, and my health and social coursework is all submitted. All i have left now if my 3 sociology exams which are all in June. Last Thursday i had the carpet fitted in my room, so i moved into the room last Thursday and I'm so in love with it, my bed, my vanity, my wallpaper and carpet, i just love it all. But anyway, I've been super busy so i haven't had a chance to blog. I'd started a few posts and have them in my drafts, so i will continue with them. But i thought today I'd give you another little update, so this Friday is my Sixth Form prom... i would say I'm excited by i don't have a clue what I'm wearing yet and all of my friends have their outfits sorted and look beaut so I'm panicking!! I also have this weekend off work, i haven't had a Saturday off since the beginning of February so I'm super excited and i think I'm spending the weekend with my boyfriend.

Anyways, now your all caught up on my life I'll begin what my post is suppose to be about which is my favourite contour palettes. So first of all i want to talk about the Two Faced Cocoa Contour Kit. This palette has four different shades, there is one "Medium Cocoa" shade which is the one i use for contour, really nice colour and all of the shades are super pigmented, there is also a "Dark Cocoa" colour which is the bronzer shade. Then there is a "Light Cocoa" colour which is a light powder shade, which i never really use to be honest as i use the other highlight shade which is called "Pop Of Light" which is a really sweet sort of pinky/white shimmery highlight colour. The palette came with a little Kabuki brush, which is a nice touch, i don't really think I've ever used the brush though but i think that's just because of my preference to what brushes i use to contour with. Again i can't remember how much i got this palette for because i was in France, and i can't remember how many Euro's or pounds it was.

Secondly, i also got in France in Sephora on a different occasion, is the SmashBox Contour trio kit. I bought this in Sephora when i went to France to visit my brother. When i bought this it came with a free SmashBox contour brush, which was super handy actually as i have used it ever since, not always for contour, sometimes for highlight. So the palette consists of three shades, one is the contour shade, one is the bronzer shade and the last one is the highlight shade. The contour shade is a really lovely subtle contour colour, not to bronzey and not to ashy. The bronzer shade is also really pretty, but i don't think I've ever actually used it as I'm stuck in my ways of using my Benefit Hoola bronzer. The highlight shade isn't your typical highlight, its more of a yellow/ banana setting colour, i wouldn't personally use it to highlight my cheeks, nose, brows. I only really use it under the contour shade or under my eyes, but overall i love the palette. I can't remember how much i bought it for because as i said i was in France, so i can't remember what it was in Euro's or pounds. But i don't think it was really expensive, and i love it. It's also really good for travelling/ taking on holiday because its compact in a little palette not a really big one, so when i go on holiday i usually take this SmashBox contour kit with me.

Next is the Powder Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit, this palette has probably always been my favourite and go to contour palette for day to day basis. The palette consists of six shades, of which to be honest i only really use four. The palette has a banana shade, a light pinky/nude shade, a highlight shade, two bronzer shades and a contour shade. The contour shade in this palette is amazing, its ashy but not to ashy. It really does look like a natural shadow/ contour. The banana powder in this palette is also really good, i usually use it under my eyes or underneath my contour on my cheek bones. This palette i received for my birthday, so i didn't actually buy it so I'm not sure how much it costs. But it's amazing, there are plenty of shades to use for contouring, highlighting and bronzing.

I also have the Cream Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit, i have mixed opinions on this palette. It is a really lovely contour palette, but it's so dry. I wouldn't say its a very creamy consistency, unless you spray some fix plus or setting spray into it. So i would say when its more creamy/ of a wetter consistency then it is a good product and really easy to blend. But it does dry out so quickly for no reason. The palette again has six shades, 2 shades i don't really use because they're sort of peachy/ cream colour. Then there is a banana colour, and three contour colours. One contour shade, and two darker more bronzey shades. I do like this palette, however i would say its a bit of a let down that it isn't creamy unless you spray something into it.











Comments